EDMONTON – The Board of Regents of Concordia Lutheran Seminary (Edmonton) is issuing a call for nominations for the Office of President.
The President of CLS “shall be the executive officer of the Board of Regents and as such serve as the spiritual, academic, and administrative head thereof” (Synodical Bylaw 6.13, Lutheran Church–Canada Handbook, 2011).
For a more detailed description of the functions of the office of president, consult Synodical Bylaw 6.13.
A nominated candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Be able to provide spiritual leadership by understanding himself as a servant for Jesus, namely by being humble, open, and attentive to the needs of others, including students, staff and faculty;
- Be an ordained clergyman of Lutheran Church–Canada or of a church body in altar and pulpit fellowship with LCC, particularly one who has had significant experience in parish ministry;
- Be supportive and understanding of the seminary’s primary task of pastoral formation.
- Be able to write and speak clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences, from the academic community to members of local congregations;
- Possess the ability and credentials to provide credible academic oversight, particularly by holding an earned doctorate;
- Be known and respected within LCC as well as within theological circles.
- Understand and provide leadership in the financial aspects of seminary administration, including development and fundraising;
- Provide leadership in analysing and helping others work through difficult problems with the goal of achieving an acceptable solution;
- Be willing to travel in order to make connections with CLS’ constituency for purposes of development, recruitment, and public relations.
Please note that according to Synodical Bylaw 6.11.b only member congregations of the Synod, the Board of Directors, the Board of Regents, and the faculty of Concordia Lutheran Seminary are eligible to make nominations.
Please direct all nominations to the secretary of the Board of Regents:
Rev. Daryl Solie
190 Litzenberger Crescent
Regina, SK. S4R 5X9
The deadline for nominations is July 15, 2013.
Holy Cross Lutheran Church Saskatoon, Sk 50th Anniversary Celebration Aug. 30 – Sep. 1, 2013. Aug. 30 BBQ and Evening Prayer Aug. 31 Banquet meal 5:00 pm Service at 7:00 pm. Tickets (306) 382-0544. Sep. 1 Anniversary Service at 4:00 pm. For more information call or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear Lutheran Church-Canada Colleagues,
Luther College (Regina, Saskatchewan) will be celebrating 100 years in October of this year. We would like to invite you and your congregation to attend our 100th Anniversary celebrations to be held on the Thanksgiving weekend (October 10-13). We hope that you will print the following bulletin announcement in your March bulletins:
Registration is now open for Luther College’s 100th Anniversary celebration! Join us as Luther College celebrates 100 years on the Thanksgiving weekend (10 to 13 October 2013). Reminisce about the past and toast the future with fellow alumni, friends and staff as we honour a century of Luther College traditions and heritage.
The festivities will include:
- the annual Luther Lecture featuring Martin E. Marty and celebration banquet including guest host Brent Butt
- a chapel service with Rev. Dr. Rebecca Larson, Luther College High School alum and part of the coalition that won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2007
- family activities including a family skate, hockey tournament and children’s activities
- High School and University campus tours…and much more!
The early-bird registration deadline is Friday 31 May 2013. The weekend schedule, accommodations, and registration information can be found on the College website at www.luthercollege.edu/100thanniversary. For more information or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michelle Clark at (306) 585-5144 or email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you at the Luther Lecture and weekend celebration!
In preparation for the 2014 Synodical Convention, the following people have been selected by their district conventions to serve on the Nominations Committee:
Rev. Harold Borchardt (Central)
Rev. Marvin Bublitz (East)
Anna Fierling (East)
Lynn Gergens (ABC)
Walter Neinemann (Central)
Monica Schultz (ABC)
The committee is responsible for selecting candidates for election to various national boards and commissions. The secretary of Synod will solicit names for potential candidates from synod and congregation members in 2013.